Ark-La-Tex Agricultural Council
ALTAC scholarship applications and supporting materials are due to ALTAC by April 3, 2020 .
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior with an overall scholastic average of 3.0.
- The scholarship is renewable for four years providing the recipient maintains a 3.0 or better grade point average in college. The winner is responsible for presenting a copy of his or her college grades after each quarter/semester, to the Community Foundation at 401 Edwards St #105, Shreveport, LA 71101.
- The scholarship will be awarded in the form of a check made payable to the college to be attended for one-half of the total amount of the scholarship each semester (or one-third of the amount each quarter).
- The amount of the scholarship is to be $1,000 annually, subject to revision by the Scholarship Selection Committee.
- A one-time grant may be given at the discretion of the Selection Committee instead of the above-mentioned scholarship opportunity.
Applicant must be a Louisiana resident, an entering freshman and an active member of a Louisiana 4-H Club or FFA Chapter.
- Recipient must be enrolling in a Louisiana college or university. It is the student’s responsibility to notify the Ark-La-Tex Agricultural Council and the Community Foundation of any changes in university enrollment, student contact information or early graduation. Students must be enrolled as a full-time student.
- Applicants must submit a completed application form along with current high school transcript, ACT scores, past 3 years of their 4-H Club or FFA record book with supporting materials, and at least two letters of recommendation to the Scholarship Selection Committee by April 3, 2020. Please include pictures of any Louisiana State Livestock Shows you attended. The selections will be made by the end of April.
- Send application & documentation to:
ALTAC Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 53226
Shreveport, La. 71135
- Your 4-H books, portfolio & supporting materials will be returned to you after the scholarship selection has been made.
Recipients of this scholarship are encouraged to attend the Ark-La-Tex Ag Council Annual Meeting which is usually held the third Thursday in August.
- These guidelines may be modified at any time. Submission of application and 4-H record book/FFA portfolio does not guarantee a scholarship or grant opportunity.
2018-2019 ALTAC Scholarships (New $1000 a year for 4 years)
Stacey Baker – Caddo Parish
Daryn Scriber – Claiborne Parish
Maeleigh Beth Conner – Cameron Parish
Luke Seguin – Livingston Parish
2018-2019 Renewed ALTAC Scholarships ($1000 a year)
Peyton Arthur – Vernon Parish
Justin Lingo – West Carroll Parish
Lacey Dodson – Bossier Parish
Jenna Grace Guidry – Iberia Parish
2018-2019 One Time Grants ($500)
Megan Mincey – Livingston Parish
John J. Carbalan – Jefferson Davis Parish
Chase Echols – Lincoln Parish
Austin McMillon – Caddo Parish
Alexis Kennedy – Claiborne Parish
2017-2018 ALTAC Scholarship Recipients
Peyton Arthur, Vernon Parish
Peter Ashley, Desoto Parish
Lacey Dodson, Bossier Parish
Jenna Grace Guidry, Iberia Parish
Allie Doise, Jefferson Parish
Colby Lingo, West Carroll Parish
Aubrey Simmons, Lincoln Parish
Megan Simon, Lafayette Parish
Miranda Weddleton, Caddo Parish
2017-2018 ALTAC Grant Recipients
Jacques Fontenot, Evangeline Parish
Erica Grant, Red River Parish
Carmen Latoilais, Red River Parish
Ashlee Sebren, West Ouachita
Sarah Elizabeth Steadman, Rapides Parish