2021 Ark-La-Tex Agricultural Council
Jr. Livestock Sale Participation & Requirements:
Sale: Wednesday, November 3, 2021
Hirsch Memorial Coliseum
Activities start at 9:00 AM
Sale starts at 9:30 AM
2021 Sale Order
All champions, Grand & Reserve, as well as Louisiana Bred Grand & Reserve, will sell at the beginning of The Sale.
Grand & Reserve Poultry
Grand & Reserve Champion Swine
La. Bred Grand & Reserve Swine
Grand & Reserve Champion Steers
La. Bred Grand & Reserve Champion Steers
Grand & Reserve Champion Sheep
La. Bred Grand & Reserve Champion Sheep
Grand & Reserve Champion Goats
La. Bred Grand & Reserve Champion Goats
The Ark-La-Tex Agricultural Council supports the State Fair of Louisiana Livestock Shows and Show Rules. Any violation of said rules will constitute a violation of the Ark-La-Tex Agricultural Council rules and shall subject the exhibitor to any and all penalties outlined in the State Fair General Rules & Regulations, Junior Division General Rules & Regulations, State Fair of Louisiana Department Show Ring Code of Ethics and/or IAFE (International Association of Fairs and Expositions) National Code of Show Ring Ethics, such penalties to include but not limited to forfeiture of all awards, privileges, premiums, sales of the animal, barring from participation in show/exhibiting all livestock and/or poultry in a 4-H for FFA event held at the State Fair of Louisiana for the specified periods herein, and/or subject to such penalty as the Ark-La-Tex Agricultural Council may order. The violation will also be reported to the LSU Cooperative Extension Service Livestock Management and North American Livestock Show and Rodeo Managers Association.
ALL EXHIBITORS entering the sale ring MUST be dressed in shirts that are sleeved, collared and with shirt tails tucked in & a belt. Those not dressed accordingly will not be allowed in the Sale ring. NO HATS!
I. Introductory Provisions
A. The Junior Livestock Sale (the “Sale”) is a terminal sale. Every animal that is marked ‘for sale’ by the exhibitor and qualifies for the Sale will be terminal with the exception of those that win the educational 4-H trip and are invited to participate in the LSU Louisville show. The LSU Louisville trip animals will be terminal after the show by the assigned chaperones or in accordance with the decisions and rules designated by the Ark-La-Tex Ag Council (“ALTAC”).
B. Junior Livestock Sale Participation Requirements
- These rules are specific to the Sale.
- Exhibitors who have qualified to participate in the Sale shall accept and comply with these requirements.
- Participation in The Jr. Livestock Sale is a privilege not a right. The Sale is to reward and assist exhibitors with their projects. Parents and others working with these youths are expected to be examples of integrity and good sportsmanship. (Which most exhibit and is appreciated) Failure to abide by this expectation may result in banning from this or future sales.
- Any failure to perform in accordance with these requirements will subject the exhibitor for discipline as set forth in the ALTAC rules.
II. Sale Provisions, Standards, and Requirements
- ALTAC will select approximately 20% of each species, including Grand Champions and Reserve Champions, Louisiana Bred Champions and Reserve Champions and 15 % of the Chicken Pens including Grand and Reserve Champions.
- ALL animals that qualified and are posted for sale will NOT be allowed to leave the Louisiana State Fair premises.
- A sale list will be posted immediately after each Grand Champion drive, listing the animals that have qualified for the Sale at that time, however, it is subject to change as exhibitors who qualify with more than one animal/species make their choice as which one to have in the Sale. The final Sale list will not be available until after the last market show. Each exhibitor wishing to commit their project to The Sale, must sign an “Intent to Sell” form within 2 hours after the completion of their show. This form is a legal and binding contract and cannot be modified or changed unless all parties agree. Before signing this contract, you should carefully read it to ensure that you understand your obligations.
- Any exhibitor who qualifies with more than one animal/species must choose only one of the two animals/species to sell. If an exhibitor qualifies with more than one project, and one of the animals is a Grand or Reserve Champion, then the exhibitor must sell the Champion. If the exhibitor qualifies with both the Grand and Reserve Champion, then both Champions will sell.
- Only the animals sold in the Sale will be terminal.
- Livestock exhibitors who qualify for the Sale will be responsible for the care, control, custody, and feeding of their animals through and to the point the animals leave the sale ring on sale day.
- ALTAC judges will award “best-dressed” prizes for exhibitors in each species based on neatness of appearance. ALL EXHIBITORS entering the sale ring MUST be dressed in the same manner in which they would be for show. Shirts must be sleeved, collared, with shirt tails tucked and a belt. Those not dressed accordingly will not be allowed in the Sale ring.
- All animals consigned to sell are to be sold only by the registered owner/exhibitor, unless it has been requested IN WRITING and approved by the ALTAC Executive Board prior to sale day.
- All animals sold in The Sale become property of ALTAC.
- Any Premium money (Add-0ns) may be done if it is added on BEFORE the start of the sale of that species. This must be done with the assigned worker. The responsible party must sign for their donated “premium money” for the lot in which they are bidding. All premium money designated for a lot will be announced as the animal and exhibitor enter the sale ring.
- ALTAC has the authority to perform examinations or additional testing upon any livestock that has qualified for The Sale.
- ALTAC reserves the right to mark Sale animals before or after the Sale.
C. Effect of Condemnation
- If any animal is condemned at slaughter for any reason, whether by testing results or by any USDA-inspector condemnation, ALTAC shall withhold any payment due the exhibitor.
- Any disqualified exhibitor will be barred from selling a market animal at The Sale the next year.
- Payment to the exhibitor will not be made until all testing results have been received and declared negative or non-suspect.
- A commission charge of ten percent (10%) of the gross sales price will be levied against the animals sold in the Sale.
- All sale checks must be cashed or deposited by March 1, 2021. No Sale checks will be re-issued after that date.
E. Thank-you Notes to Buyers and Buyers’ Groups
- The Ark-La-Tex Agricultural Council will mail the exhibitor a list of their buyers and their addresses shortly after The conclusion of the Sale. The list will be mailed to the exhibitor’s address that is on file with the State Fair of Louisiana livestock office.
- It will be the exhibitor’s responsibility to write and mail a thank you note to each buyer and send a copy of EACH thank you letter to the Ark-La-Tex Agricultural Council. After the thank you note copies are verified, we will mail the exhibitor their check to the address on file with the State Fair of Louisiana. COPIES OF THANK YOU NOTES MUST BE RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 1, 2021. ALL CHECKS MUST BE DEPOSITED OR CASHED BY MARCH 1, 2021.
Ark-La-Tex Agricultural Council
P.O. Box 53226
Shreveport, La., 71135
Read before signing Add-On/Premium Agreement:
Add-on/Premium money is not intended to replace actually bidding on animals at The Sale. It is intended to provide an opportunity for individuals to participate who do not have adequate funds to purchase an animal on their own, cannot be present or have someone present to bid, or cannot partner with an actual bidder at The Sale.
Those choosing to participate in the Add-on/Premium agreement will not receive public recognition of their contribution at The Sale. However, please include the names, business name and addresses of all contributors on the official Premium Form so that the exhibitors are able to send their thank-you notes.
ALTAC will not bill “pools” for Add-On/Premium money. One bill will be remitted to the individual signing their agreement, or the entity they are acting as agent. The responsible party assumes the duty of collecting and remitting the balance agreed upon to ALTAC. The donors will, however, receive conformation of their donation for their records.
For additional information, see and ALTAC Board member
Click here to download the PREMIUM MONEY FORM